Proctocology is a division of general surgery interested in rectal and anal diseases.
Benign diseases of rectum and anus cause complaints such as pain, hemorrhage and infection. Patients usually refrain from physical examination; resulting in delayed diagnosis and treatment.
One should remember that symptoms of easily treatable proctologic diseases may be confused with progressive colon cancers and that early diagnosis and treatment can be life saving in cases of colon cancers.
Certain Proctocologic Diseases:
- Anal fissure
- Perianal Fistula (Discharge Around Anus)
- Chronic Constipation
- Pilonidial Sinus (Ingrown Hair)
- Anal Pruritus (Anal Itching)
- Incontinence (Inability to control gas and stool)
- Rectocele (Posterior Vaginal Prolapse)
- Rectovaginal fistula
- Rectal Prolapse (Rectal mucosa protruding from anus)
- Anal/perianal Warts
- Prolapsed pelvic organs
Appropriate treatment is planned in the light of proctocologic examination and tests that focus on rectal and anal complaints.
Treatments and procedures available at our proctocology outpatient clinic.
- Anorectal Manometry
- Colon Transit Test
- Band ligation for hemorrhoidal conditions
- Botox for Anal Fissure
- Biofeedback Treatment for Anal Incontinence
- Nerve stimulation (electrostimulation) for Anal Incontinence
- Constipation treatment
- Methylene Blue in Anal Pruritus